Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55

Thread: Lang and Practice

  1. #41
    Inactive Member McKenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2003
    Posts
    531
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The MAN (VIRG) can flat out play with great feel and groove there is no doubt about that as Peter and Shedder have said. I have seen and heard him live a number of times also. Listen to Moonbabies or especially the new Hoekstra or the live Tina Arena for that matter all different styles of music. Whether you like the style of music or not, he is laying down some amazingly complex parts(on MoonBabies and Hoekstra) with a feel and groove and fluidity that is top-notch. It is not stiff at all and blends with the band perfectly.I will take his feel and groove and fluidity over the other Freaks like Marco and Mike anyday even though they are fantastic players. Lang apart from not grabbing me conceptually at all is a very fluid player and has a nice feel to his playing also, better than the 2 M.M's for sure.

    Digital

  2. #42
    Inactive Member shedder's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2002
    Posts
    533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Amen.

  3. #43
    Inactive Member FuseU1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2002
    Posts
    3,631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Shed, are you following Dij around?
    [*Amen.*]
    [Looks like i'm followin BOTH of ya around...]

  4. #44
    Inactive Member McKenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2003
    Posts
    531
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Amen, Amen and Amen I guess Me, you and Shedder agree Don't we Fuse? [img]wink.gif[/img] Hard not to!

    Digital

  5. #45
    Inactive Member FuseU1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2002
    Posts
    3,631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *Ahem.*
    Amen.

  6. #46
    Inactive Member Nicky Mas's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2002
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I haven't seen the Lang video but I saw the Steve Smith and he's fantastic. He covers everthing. Steve gives a lot a good practice ideas and technqiues. His hihat tricks are close something else.

  7. #47
    Inactive Member buga's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2003
    Posts
    325
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's the latest update on Lang's DVD

    "Creative Control"

    Note: Steve if you want to post that in the news section that would be quite great! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 24, 2003 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Bozzio ]</font>

  8. #48
    Inactive Member Darren Goldberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2003
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm surprised Steve Holmes don't dig some of Lang's stuff. Lang has great control over the drums and is very musical.

  9. #49
    Inactive Member Ant Man Bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Bozzio:
    Here's the latest update on Lang's DVD

    "Creative Control"

    Note: Steve if you want to post that in the news section that would be quite great! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ October 24, 2003 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Bozzio ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmm, that site says it's available, but . . .

    message: Hello. I've got a couple questions about the upcoming Thomas Lang DVD. Will it be released by Christmas, or will a solid release date be announced soon? Also, do you guys think you could maybe possibly by any slight chance put up a couple more clips to make the wait a bit easier? [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'm sure many drummers would appreciate that a lot.

    Thanks,
    Chris


    chris, thanks very much for your email...as to a "solid release date", it's really very difficult to pin down because of the fact that there are so many different elements involved, many of which are out of our direct control, such as clearances for song useage...i don't expect that we will have the title out before christmas, unfortunately...as for your suggestion that we put up additional quick time clips, i think this is an excellent idea, and i will look into it right away...thanks again for your interest and for your inout, as well as your patience...we really appreciate it...
    paul siegel
    co-president,
    hudson music

    My email and then the response. And here's a follow-up:

    chris, thanks for your continued interest...as it tunrs out, it will not be feasible for us to put up additional quick time clips, but we are working as fast as we can to get the dvd itself out and on the market...thanks again...
    paul


    Darn.

  10. #50
    Inactive Member PocketPlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2002
    Posts
    1,462
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Technique is great?it is also a hindrenece! Since coming to HOD two years ago, I have learned a lot about technique, but mostly focused on it. HOD has been my ?hangout? with drummers, like back in high school so many years ago. So the ?hangin?? aspect has motivated me. In the past two years, I have worked on many technical aspects of my drumming.

    Last night I played with a cover band?Atlanta Rhythym Section, Beatles, Every Bros?Well, let?s say little fusion-esq fills didn?t go over so well with the lead guitarist. It got in his way and blustered his fragile ego. I thought it was musical?but? This music is ALL about time & feel, and that?s exactly what was wanted. They wanted to hear what the original drummers did. I was a bit frustrated, but I get it.

    So?I guess it depends on what your gig is. As Jeff Porcaro said, ?If I had all that technique, I?d be very frustrated in the studio knowing I couldn?t use that which I spent so much time working on.? Maybe that?s why he seemed to dig a young drummer before his death named?.Virgil.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •